Thursday, August 21, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
- Jocelynn wouldn't eat breakfast until I gave her milk.
- I have been dealing with a health insurance claim since last Novemberish & am STILL getting the runaround. JUST PAY ME MY $300 already!
- There is something wrong with the cable box.
- We don't have a lawnmower yet.
- I have to attend a bridal shower for a dear friend and I still haven't purchased a gift...and will probably be running around the day before.
- Poop. Specifically baby poop. The kind that stinks up the entire house so bad you've got to bundle the old diaper in a plastic bag & then take it outside.
- Spilled rice. It's just so friggin' hard to clean up!
- Deadlines. ARGH. I need more time to think before I submit an application.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Directly behind my friend Jeannie is the old train depot. There is a really neat-o museum inside. Oh...and air conditioned, clean bathrooms. :)
Monday, August 11, 2008
Here is an example of how a tag can be pulled out of the cards. I mentioned before that vertical left side open cards are easiest & nicer looking. Because it gives the cards a sort of order of pulling out tags top/side/top/side.
And here is a tag being pulled from an envelope. If you'll notice, the envelope is going the "wrong" way. What is normally the top, open flap has been glued down, and it's the bottom that is open. I did this on purpose. (No, really!) I used a template to make envelopes with some paper that matched the papers on my cards. When I folded up the envelope the right way, there was a LOT of opening for the tag to fall out of accidentally. With less of an opening (by leaving the bottom open and the top closed), the tag sat in the envelope a little better.
Four people have come by my house & asked if I would sell a car we have sitting in the back yard. It was originally purchased to help my father in law get around and get a job...but he left for Texas before he could even use it.
And those people that stopped? Saw the car at the BACK of an acre. We're not even advertising a sale. So far, the biggest offer we've had is $350, and we can keep the battery (which we purchased new when the old one conked out). That's $50 less than what we paid for it...but I would rather take the $50 loss than have it sitting back there.
I know my neighbors are going to start calling city code enforcement.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
I tried to get pictures...I really did. But for some reason, when I tried to load my photos from my digital camera, it kept not loading and then deleting them from my camera. ONLY the craft object photos, though. Not the pictures of my babies or anything...which would have REALLY ticked me off.
Also had a death in the family...and a divorce (not mine!). So things have been a little hectic.
I am also in the process of getting some items together for a craft fair...I was going to say, "I'll post pics!" but then realized I may not be able to. Bleh!