Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Saturday Craft Fair


I meant to take more pictures, but only took the one, as we were getting set up. Next time I go, I will not have the baby with me, and will have a little more freedom. I tended to stay in the canopy to keep from being in the sun for too long at a time.


For those not in the know, the town of Plant City's Merchant Association started an antique market a few years ago that has grown from being just antiques to be more of an open market with food & organic items last year...and this year they started up a month early (August) to include some additional vendors - mostly arts & crafts.


It was off & on rainy...and a lot of people were totally gone by noon. Also, according to some attendants from prior years, it is usually much bigger. The early start may have caught some off guard & they weren't prepared to set up in August. So...hopefully next month will be bigger. (And I have to think it will be...I have never been to an event at McCall Park that was SO very sparse!)


Directly behind my friend Jeannie is the old train depot. There is a really neat-o museum inside. Oh...and air conditioned, clean bathrooms. :)

2 comments:

NEO said...

Looks like lots of fun.

Shawna said...

So, how'd you do? :)