Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A day to celebrate.

This first photo was the best shot I had of Anicah in her birthday tutu. A lady I was at a craft fair with made this. It's a tutu onesie. (If you think this is adorable and you are okay with spending a lot of money on this type of thing, I highly suggest checking out her stuff: http://polkastripe.com/) This was a gift for Anicah...from the lady.

And here we have the birthday spread! I did a bunch of finger foods and tea party fare. I also made pumpkin soup. It was pretty awesome. I realize this may not seem like typical kid-party type stuff...but we so rarely get to have a super awesome tea party like this, that I take the chance to do it before my kid becomes enamored with some ridiculous character or something crazy. There are mini quiches, watercress & cucumber sandwiches, berry tarts, shortbread cookies, and curry pumpkin soup. The "birthday cake" was little mini bundts, made of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Since I hand made everything else we skimped on the cake and icing and bought box mix and frosting in a can. Neither tasted like carrots or cream cheese. Bleh. But everything else was friggin' AWESOME!


3 comments:

Acci said...

I hereby give you permission to cook for me.

Maegan said...

Lol..I charge by the bite. ;)

Acci said...

But all I was wanting was the food, Maegan. . .