Monday, March 23, 2009

New scrappy stuff!

I finally got to crop with my friend Shannon. And this is the product of the entire 2 1/2 hours I was there! :)

I found a new way to use double sided paper...it seems so simple now, but I didn't come up with it on my own.

You take your double sided pattern paper...cut out the middle, I cut an 8"x8" square out of the center of my Graphic 45 Botanicabella paper. I cut a cardstock square to 8.5"x8.5" (Stampin' Up - old olive). I covered the big hole in the pattern paper with the cardstock, then I scallop edged the 8"x8" square & glued it to the cardstock...applied my photos & some embellishes & I was done. (HA! that took about 2 minutes to type, but seriously TWO AND A HALF HOURS to make!) It's hard to see b/c of the angle of the photo and the way the flash went off, but in the bottom right corner, I glued some bright red jewels to compliment the birds.
I am hoping to make this into a two page layout, using some photos that are actually floating around on this blog somewhere...

No comments: