Monday, August 17, 2009

It's almost time!!

School days are fast approaching! I am making sure all of Jocelynn's things are ready for the first day of school. She has a bunch of extra things to bring in addition to her backpack & lunchbox. A roll of paper towels, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, tissues, a ream of colored copy paper. Oy! So much to get ready for such a little kid.

I am trying to figure out what to do with Anicah once Jocelynn is absent for the better part of the day. At this age, Jocelynn could speak full paragraphs. Anicah says a few things...mostly to convey an immediate need. Earlier she said she was hungry, but it came out as, "I HONKY!" Lol, I am just not sure how much I can do with her...I don't want to say she isn't smart, but she isn't even close to Jocelynn's (not comparing, just parallelling) level of understanding at the same age. I am just not sure how much I can do with her that she will "get". She is A LOT more active than Jocelynn ever was at this age. Jocelynn never climbed...Anicah climbs like a monkey.

5 comments:

Acci said...

Rent her out to a utility company to climb telephone poles?

Maegan said...

Yeah, but she's not coordinated yet, she couldn't take anything with her, or do anything once she was up there!

Acci said...

She'd provide motivation to the rest of the crew.

"Look at that! A little kid can climb that pole in no time at all, without a problem! So you all hurry up, get up there, and fix that blown transformer! Oh, and you might need to grab the kid while you're up there. . .I hear that she hardly ever bites hard. . ."

Maegan said...

Lol...

Mouse said...

You may well find that Anicah's speech etc. comes on a lot faster without her sister there - if she feels that she needs to communicate with you more.