Monday, October 12, 2009

My take on Thai.

I made a Thai Coconut Curry Soup this weekend...but I modified it a little from a recipe on the back of a stock box.

2 boxes College Hill Thai Coconut Curry stock
1 can coconut milk
1/2 - 1 cup shredded or matchstick carrots
1/2 - 1 cup chopped green onions
2 cups broccoli (break up the larger pieces)
1 head of napa cabbage, shredded
1 - 2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons curry
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger


I put a little oil in the soup pot, and did a quick saute of carrots, onions, broccoli, ginger, and the dry seasonings. Poured in stock, added cabbage, cooked until boiling, added coconut milk, lowered temp, allowed to heat through.

It was really quick...the original recipe called for noodles, but I just couldn't see noodles in this. So I replaced it with the cabbage. Everyone loved it!

No comments: