Sunday, February 21, 2010

Anicah-isms.

Anicah wasn't really a talker until recently. Maybe the last few months or so she really started talking a lot more than her standard "Mmmhmm," responses to most anything.

Things she has said recently:
  • I kissed a werewolf.
  • Mom, I don't eat poop!
  • More fuzzy drinks, please! (carbonated beverages = fuzzy drinks)
  • Show me your belly!
  • I itchy. [Where?] My butt.
  • Moooore farkelly!!! (farkelly - sparkly)
  • Can I have some jelly butter? (jelly butter = peanut butter & jelly)
  • I has my baby my bottle.

She's just so darned straight forward about everything she says! She doesn't say anything like she's ever asking a question or unsure of what to say...it's just this statement that she blurts out with no care about how it might be interpreted. She's SURE you're going to understand her right away. Jocelynn is beyond all this "baby talk"...but I am still quite amazed by her imagination.

Things Jocelynn has talked about recently:

  • (After accusing Anicah of lying about kissing a werewolf, and my rebuttal that Anicah might have dreamed it...) Mom! Anicah doesn't DREAM. I never see a cloud over her head.
  • I'm going to play house with Anicah. She's the husband...but pretend she's a man. And taller.
  • MOOOM! We can't go to Canada. We don't speak Canadian.
  • I like washing dishes! (Keeping this for future reference only.)
  • Cleaning is boring...Mom, you should do it.
  • I'm not a little kid anymore. I'm SIX. That's an adult.
  • I can't wait until I'm a teenager...So I can move out! (Keeping this for future reference, also.)

Oh the joys...

5 comments:

Shannon Willis said...

Oh the days. I remember some of the things my kids used to say.

Maegan said...

:) They can surprise & be cute all at the same time.

Shawna said...

I love the things kids say! Very cute.

Nettie said...

Awwww, that's so sweet! I take it Anicah is Team Jacob lol

Maegan said...

Lol, Nettie!