Monday, October 18, 2010

It's that time of year again!

Anicah turned 3 at the end of September. This year was not only without daddy but also without grandma, grandpa, aunt, & uncles! I am not normally a party parent. We celebrate milestone birthdays, but still have a "family day" with the grandparents, and any family that happens to be in town for the non-milestone years.

This year is different. The "family" is mom & sis. That's it! Which isn't different than any other day, except there might be cake. So I folded. I did a party for a 3 yr old. I will say, I thoroughly enjoyed it...and I hope the other participants did. Anicah seemed to!

In case you want to reminisce about other birthdays, you'll find details in the links. :)










2 comments:

Nettie said...

I'm glad she had a good time. I know how hard it is when you don't have many family members round for your bday but it must be extra hard being that little and daddy not being there :(

Maegan said...

I kind of felt like she was getting shafted...He missed last year, too. But last year we were home, and we had a tea party at Memaw's!

So far, Eric has not missed Jocelynn's birthday...And they're bringing him home just early enough this deployment that he won't miss her 7th! I think she needs dad around more than any of us...and I'm grateful.