Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kitchen inspiration.

I don't think I ever publicly (well, on the blog) shared the humiliation that was my kitchen table project. Just imagine...orange paint. The color of traffic cones. Orange paint, the color of traffic cones, spilled in my entryway. Forget for a minute that I'm painting my kitchen table traffic cone orange. The important part is that I dropped the can of paint I'd been saving for 6 months in my entry way. I also ruined a carpet cleaner during the cleanup process.


Anywho...My kitchen "theme" is vintangeorangeflorida. All together like that. And I waited until I was visiting "back home" to check out antique & thrift shops to start shopping for items. Well, I visited, I shopped, I have started my kitchen theme. :)











Some of these things are going to be used as decoration, some will be functional...some will be altered slightly to end up as a part of the kitchen...maybe more blog to follow on that one. :)



I also picked up a few things to add to my tea party collection. I bought 2 cups & a tiered serving plate, the pink demi cup is from my mother, so that I would have at least 2 cups for the girls to use. I just hope I can get everything home in one piece. :)


8 comments:

Nettie said...

I'm not sure if our Tupperwear is on the same page as yours but last year the 'in' colour was 1070's orange. I think you would have loved it! :D

Shame about spilling the paint, hope you had enough left to paint your table. I want pictures when it's finally finished!

Maegan said...

I bought another quart...So I had plenty to paint with...

And I am surprised I can't find MORE orangey things for my kitchen...b/c I know from watching a handful of shows that Rachael Ray is all about orange kitchen stuff!!! I figured there'd be plenty of RR wannabes giving themselves orange kitchens, lol!

Vanessa said...

I'm a tea cup collector too. Don't use them much, wish I could though!

Have you tried looking at IKEA for some orange stuff?
I'd also try etsy sites, they always have something unique! Love the idea and the color! :D

Maegan said...

We don't have an Ikea near us...and some of the things I've found and LIKED can't be shipped! I have tons and tons and tons of "favorite" etsy shops, lol!!

My mom got me started with the teacups. She's a master tea party hostess, haha.

Vanessa said...

I started after my neighbour passed away and he left the tea cups to my mom. She donated them to a new store called the "Queen of Cups Tea Shop" but before she did I took my favorites.

Mouse said...

I love the cake stand!

Shawna said...

I never would have thought of using "real" teacups for a tea party! (As opposed to using plastic non-breakable sets.)

Maegan said...

Thanks, Mouse! I was excited b/c it kind of matches a set of dishes I already have...so if I need to look matchy, I can. But we much prefer the mis-matched tea party, Mad Hatter style!!!

Shawna...It's the BEST! And tea tastes SO MUCH BETTER in real china! My mom's collection is huge...and many of them she picked up for next to nothing at yard sales or thrift shops. She keeps her nice ones out of reach of little hands, but this way we get REAL tea cups...without worrying we'll destroy an heirloom, lol. She also picked up a bunch of cupless saucers from Goodwill to use as small plates or spoon rests...etc. :) She throws a WILD tea party!